Sunday, March 26, 2006

First Love

In my room, I have several pictures of the girl I was first truly in love with in high school. This isn't particularly remarkable, as I have pictures of a lot of people up, and she and I went to both her junior and senior proms together. She and I lost touch late in college, she never truly reciprocated the depth of my feelings towards her.

A year or two ago, I got bored at work one day, googled her name, found her in grad school in Cleveland getting her PhD. We exchanged a few emails, I found out she's married, quite happily, we discussed seeing each other, but it never happened.

Haven't been in touch with her in the past year, haven't really even thought about her, yet for some reason last night, in my dreams, there she was. Looking radiant, just as smart and perfect as I remembered. Obviously she's moved on, (so have I actually) but I just wonder, will I spend the next 50 years periodically waking up after dreams that she appeared in? Not that it would be a bad thing, but it is a little disconcerting.

Anyway, back to reality and being awake... there are plenty of lovely, intelligent, accessible here in DC for me to date, so continue to bring them on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home