Friday, May 12, 2006

The Republican Party must really be struggling for fundraisers lately...

So yesterday was kickball game #1, we managed to get it in just before the storm hit, but naturally got drenched on the walk to the Exchange. We arrive, hoping to score tables inside in the back room to dry off and warm up, but are met at the door by the manager.

"You guys can't come in here right now."

"Why not, we have this bar reserved every Wed and Thursday all summer..."

"Lynn Swann is having an event inside."

"Whaaaaa?"

Okay, now I'm sorry, I admit I disagree with his political slant, but I do respect his football career, and I suppose I respect his right to network here in DC, even though he's running for Governor of Pennsylvania.

But c'mon, its the Exchange... its grungy, its small, its a freaking kickball bar for Christ sake... what could he possibly hope to accomplish?

2 Comments:

Blogger Asian Mistress said...

That's tragic on many levels.

3:48 AM  
Blogger honeykbee said...

The concept of a "kickball bar" is also strangely tragic. Yet... intreguing..

12:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home