Thursday, July 20, 2006

Insomniac

I can see you, don't even know you
Falling into the sheets at night
Place my hands flat on my chest
I feel the heart beat back the night

I've tried counting sheep, and I've talked to the shepherd
And played with my pillow for ever and ever
I sit alone, and I watch the clock
I breathe in on the tick and out on the tock

I can hear your bare feet on the kitchen floor
And I don't have to have these dreams no more
And I've found someone just to hold me tight
Hold the insomniac all night

I dig my head down deep
so I can't hear the cars outside on the street
And the stars are laughing
They get a kick out of my misery

I tried everything short of Aristotle
to Dramamine and the whiskey bottle
Pray for the day when my ship comes in
And I can sleep the sleep of the just again

I can hear your bare feet on the kitchen floor
I don't have to have these dreams no more
I've found someone just to hold me tight
Hold the insomniac all night

Billy Pilgrim gives me hope...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home