Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Penguin Suit

So I went to pick up the tuxedo for F's wedding last night. Good thing I made sure to try everything on, because both the shirt sleeves and the pants legs were about one inch too short. Can't be looking silly at my friend's wedding... after all, its going to be embarrassing enough when I try and see if they'll let me eat the communion wafer.

Apparently Jews can't do that...

But it was somewhat humbling for me to realize that I knew very little about the process of wearing a tuxedo. Odd, because I've owned my own for the past 10 years, but for some reason, I didn't realize that it was okay for the shirt sleeves to be so tight (cufflinks solve that), or that I still have no idea how to tie that goofy cravatte we have to wear.

Whatever... I'm told that I clean up well, and I'll do my best not to create a major fiasco this weekend. However, if the grappa starts flowing, all bets are off.

4 Comments:

Blogger mandy said...

Did you injest the heavenly host?

I want to hear crazy wedding stories! ;)

3:51 PM  
Blogger mandy said...

it would help if i could spell ingest properly...damn typos

3:52 PM  
Blogger Red Photography said...

I once saw my senile, agnostic, episcopalian grandfather take communion at a wedding...

7:27 PM  
Blogger J said...

Yeah, a couple of non-Catholics did it, I didn't think I was close enough (i.e. not Protestant) to try, especially with the groom keeping a close watch on me.

But I was sorely tempted...

7:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home