Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sushi Combo 1

Ever since I was young, I've eaten my food one item at a time. No matter what's on my plate, I tend to eat my least favorite food first, saving the best for last...

This caused problems when I was younger, my grandfather used to distract me at the table and have me turn my head. When I looked back, my plate was empty. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson, but no, I still save the tuna nigiri for last when I order sushi, or save the rarest pieces of steak until well after I've finished my baked potato or whatever other side dish they throw at me.

Apparently I extend this philosophy into my overall life as well... I leave the quality people and activities in my circle at arms length, while I let myself get consumed by the mundane and average. This would be okay, except the inevitable conclusion is by the time you've cleaned the rest of the plate, the good stuff is either spoiled, or already gone.

Lately, I think my plate is empty before I mean it to be, and long before I would want it to be. California rolls just aren't as good as tuna nigiri. I need to get to the good stuff sooner...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home