Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Off to a Slow Start

I worked out this morning.

That's actually newsworthy, because I am extremely unmotivated to work out historically. I was blessed with a superhigh metabolism, that seems to be slowing down dramatically. I've always been "athletic" since I was a child, I played 15 years of soccer, a few seasons of basketball, rowed crew, and now as an adult I manage to shoehorn various seasons of kickball, soccer, flag football, softball, and bowling into my schedule, often at the same time of year. (Yes, I realize many of those sports require little running and mass quantities of alcohol consumption.)

I saw a picture of myself from this past weekend that a friend posted on FB yesterday. There's no way that could be me. I've been treating myself horribly of late. Too much fried/fast food, too much beer, not enough sleep, and obviously next to zero amounts of exercise.

So after crew this morning (just coaching), I worked out. Nothing fantastic, just some lifecycle and some elliptical work. It's a start, maybe. A few months ago, I tried to get into running. I signed myself up for a 5K, started running at least 3 times a week. I got through 4 weeks of training, caught a cold, and used it as an excuse to stop training. I still ran the 5K, (well ran and walked it). But that's been my history with exercise.

I have trouble with the motivation. Today was a start. Now I just have to make myself do it again either tomorrow or Thursday. And keep myself away from McDonald's, Popeyes, and Yuengling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home