Wednesday, June 20, 2007

I Think I Lost Some Guy Points This Week

So I don't know what opinion most of you have formed of me by now. Maybe you think I'm a uber-jock who oozes testosterone and belches and farts my way through DC. Maybe you're convinced I'm a deeply sensitive poet who wears his heart on his sleeve and composes Baroque opera in my free time. Hopefully I fall somewhere in the middle...

I've never been Mr. Fix-it. I'm decent at basic domestic issues, i.e. kill the bug, hang the picture, rewire the TV. I'm great in the kitchen... but the one "guy" area where I fail miserably?

Automotive Repair and Maintenance...

Monday night in Rock Creek Park after my 7th softball game of the last week (see? uber-jock!), I returned to my car to find that I couldn't get it started. No problem-o! I have jumper cables! Spent the next 20 minutes trying to get a jump start from a friend. Still nothing, my car wouldn't even turn over, let alone start. Okay, I'm not completely obtuse, I think that means my starter is screwed up...

So I call dad, he has AAA, I don't. I get added to his account, they agree to send someone to the darkness of Rock Creek to come get me. So I sit in the dark for almost 2 hours, periodically trying to rejump my car to no avail thanks to the one friend who stayed with me.

AAA shows up, I explain my predicament. "Okay, I need you to roll your car out, and turn the wheel so we can straighten it to put it on the tow truck." No problem, I'll just turn on the electric, roll down my window... Key goes in ignition, car goes in neutral... Starts right up!

Yeah, somehow I kept trying to start my car in the drive gear for over 2 hours... I'm an idiot.

2 Comments:

Blogger Craver said...

ouch.
that's gonna sting for awhile.

1:04 PM  
Blogger tiff said...

Oh wow. That.is.awesome.

1:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home