Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Couch Withdrawal

It's only fitting that since I spent pretty much the entire last year dreaming about being back in an office, the reality of being back there wouldn't quite live up to the fantasy.

It's a big shock to the system to have to remember things like keycards, and outlook passwords, and that I tend to crash around 3pm unless I'm on my 3rd Coke of the day.

When you spend nearly 3 years working in a large office, full of young, happy, athletic co-eds who look forward to happy hour; you don't really picture that your next job will be in a small department, where you're the youngest employee by 10 years, and the entire building will be staffed by moms and grandfathers.

My lunch options seem so limited, even though 2 months ago, I could barely afford Mcdonald's once a week. Now the variety of High Noon, Cosi, Potbelly, and Sizzling Express becomes stale, as I crave...

what exactly???

Something other than this. Something besides the confusion of projects with minimal to no explanation. Something with leadership and direction with a set start and end date. Something with opportunities to write and talk to new people and interact with someone other than my Facebook Scrabble opponents. Something with 20-something girls in wool skirts and knee-high boots. Something with steaks and sushi?

But I'm going to try to get used to it...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, i understand your pain... well, except the part about girls in wool skirts 'cause i'mma girl and i'm not looking for girls, but anyway... i understand. :)

4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home