Saturday, February 17, 2007

To sleep... perchance to dream??

Its 3am, and I'm listening to Fox Sports Radio, but its not putting me to sleep...

Got home at a reasonable hour, tried to stay awake for a phone call that didn't go nearly as smoothly as I had hoped, and now I'm tired of tossing and turning.

Insomnia is a bitch... its so easy to take something that will make you sleep most of the way through the night, but you never feel rested afterwards, and its a dangerous crutch to use too often.

So as I struggle to clear my head, here is a list of things I find myself wanting (in no particular order):

- a new job
- soft, chewy chocolate chip cookies, where the chocolate pulls apart as you eat it
- to be 20 pounds lighter
- to be free of jealousy
- to be lying next to someone, with them stroking my hair
- a steaming bowl of Shanghai Wonton Noodle Soup
- to forgive and forget
- my dad's dog to stay a puppy forever
- to be a number one priority
- to pay off all my debts
- to get 9 hours of uninterrupted, unpharmaceutically enhanced sleep
- the Redskins to have a decent pass rush next year
- a weekend of 75 degree weather
- long-time friends to find a little more time to check in on me

Back to the pillow I suppose...

2 Comments:

Blogger Rosie Hope said...

I had trouble staying asleep myself last night, although I am not nearly as coherent as you and your wish list. But I definitely say at any given time I want most of the things on that list too.

4:15 PM  
Blogger Helen Skor said...

The greatest thing in the world is when someone is looking you in the eye and taking the palm of their hand and brushing your hair back out of your face. I think I love it so much because it implies a certain level of intimacy between two people. Good luck finding someone to stroke your hair.

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home